The Seven Emotions
The seven emotions are joy, anger, worry, contemplation, sorrow, fear, and shock. These emotions can cause issues in your body. On the other hand, problems with your inner organs can also cause these seven emotions.
According to the Yellow Emperor's Classics of Internal Medicine:
- Anger makes energy go up. In extreme cases, this can result in throwing up blood or having loose stools with undigested food.
- Joy makes energy relax, so everything flows well inside you.
- Sorrow makes your heart tight and your lungs expand, blocking the flow of energy.
- Fear makes your good energy go down, which then blocks the upper part and stretches out the lower part of your body.
- Contemplation makes your energy get sticky because your heart and mind are focused.
Each emotion has a different effect on your energy, so it's good to be aware of how you're feeling.