Your First Appointment
During your first visit, we will talk about your medical background and use a special method called bioenergetic analysis to check the energy flow in your body. Then, we will use small needles to help balance the energy in your body and improve your health.
An Approach Prioritizing Safety
Dr. Hamedani is a Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. He graduated from the Southern California University of Health Sciences in Whittier, CA, and completed clinical internships at SCU Health System and CSU Fullerton Health System. He has also received additional training in China and Taiwan. He is certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and board-certified by the state of California.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is hypnotherapy used for?
Hypnotherapy is a form of therapy that uses hypnosis to help individuals make positive changes in their lives. During hypnotherapy, the therapist guides the individual into a state of deep relaxation, where the individual is more open to suggestion and can access their subconscious mind.
Here are some common uses of hypnotherapy:
- Behavior change: Hypnotherapy can be used to help individuals change behaviors that they may be struggling with, such as smoking, overeating, or nail-biting.
- Anxiety and stress reduction: Hypnotherapy can be used to help individuals manage anxiety and stress by promoting relaxation and reducing negative thought patterns.
- Pain management: Hypnotherapy can be used to help manage chronic pain, such as back pain or fibromyalgia.
- Phobia treatment: Hypnotherapy can be used to help individuals overcome specific phobias, such as a fear of flying or a fear of public speaking.
- Self-improvement: Hypnotherapy can be used to help individuals improve their self-esteem, build confidence, and develop new skills.
It's important to note that hypnotherapy should only be performed by a trained and licensed practitioner. While hypnotherapy is generally considered safe, it's important to talk to a healthcare provider before trying hypnotherapy or any other alternative therapy, particularly if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications. Hypnotherapy may not be appropriate for individuals with certain mental health conditions, such as schizophrenia or personality disorders.
How much does hypnotherapy cost?
The pricing for different types of appointments are as follows: first consultation - $150 and subsequent visit - $90.
How does hypnotherapy work?
Hypnotherapy works by guiding individuals into a state of deep relaxation and focus, where they become more open to suggestion and can access their subconscious mind. Here's a general overview of how hypnotherapy works:
- Relaxation: The therapist will guide the individual into a state of deep relaxation, often by using breathing exercises or visualization techniques. This relaxation helps to reduce stress and anxiety and promotes a sense of calmness and well-being.
- Suggestion: Once the individual is in a state of deep relaxation, the therapist will provide positive suggestions or affirmations, tailored to the individual's specific needs and goals. These suggestions can help to change negative thought patterns, promote healthier behaviors, or overcome specific challenges or fears.
- Visualization: The therapist may also guide the individual through visualization exercises, where they imagine positive outcomes and experiences. Visualization can help to create a sense of optimism and confidence, which can be helpful in achieving specific goals.
- Empowerment: The goal of hypnotherapy is to empower individuals to take control of their own lives and make positive changes. By accessing the subconscious mind and promoting positive thought patterns and behaviors, individuals can develop a greater sense of self-awareness and self-confidence.
It's important to note that hypnotherapy is not mind control, and individuals cannot be forced to do anything against their will. The individual remains in control at all times and can choose to end the session or reject any suggestions that are not in line with their values or beliefs.
While hypnotherapy is generally considered safe, it's important to talk to a healthcare provider before trying hypnotherapy or any other alternative therapy, particularly if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.
What to wear for hypnotherapy?
When attending a hypnotherapy session, it's important to wear comfortable and loose-fitting clothing that will allow you to relax and breathe easily. Here are some tips on what to wear for a hypnotherapy session:
- Comfortable clothing: Wear clothing that is comfortable and loose-fitting, such as a t-shirt, yoga pants, or sweatpants. This will help you to relax and breathe easily during the session.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothing: Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothing, such as jeans or skirts, as these can be restrictive and make it difficult to relax.
- Layers: Dress in layers so that you can adjust your clothing as needed to maintain a comfortable temperature during the session.
- Remove accessories: Remove any accessories, such as jewelry or watches, that may be uncomfortable or distracting during the session.
- Comfortable shoes: Wear comfortable shoes that are easy to slip on and off, as you may be asked to remove your shoes during the session.
Remember that hypnotherapy is a form of therapy, and it's important to feel relaxed and comfortable during the session. If you have any concerns about what to wear, feel free to contact the therapist before the session to discuss any specific needs or preferences.